Monday, June 18

A Special Bond

My 3 year old can throw some crazy tantrums sometimes as most 3 year olds can! When I share this with my mom I come to realize that I acted the same way as a child and we both begin to question could she have aspergers?

Since aspergers and autism are still being studied many do not know how genetic it is or if you will pass it on to your kids most of the time...so far my daughter does not show many of the signs of aspergers but could I pass it on to another child also lingers in my mind.

While searching the web today I found an article from the Wausau Daily Herald about the special bond between parents and children on autism specturm.  How they seem to form a special bond because they understand each other having gone through it themselves. I guess I can be happy in knowing that if I ever did have a child with Aspergers I will be understanding of them due to my own childhood! I can be at peace knowing that whatever happens I will love my child(ren) unconditionally and will be able to help them along their path! I can be at peace knowing that the worse that could happen is we share a special bond for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment