Tuesday, June 5

Are You Coming Over Nana?

Everytime my 3 yr old daughter gets on the phone with her Nana (my mom) who lives half way across the country, this is what she asks her "Are You Coming?" She also asks her Grandma who lives around the corner that too, but of course her Nana has to tell her that she lives too far away and would have to take an airplane. My daughter who has only been on 1 airplane sometimes doesn't understand this totally but enough.

Nana on the other hand worries that my daughter will forget her since she doesn't see her very often. This is an understandable fear and that is why we try hard to talk on the phone and on the occasion use skype so she can video with Nana. Nana has also sent her books with her voice recorded on them etc.

Just this past weekend my daughter told Nana she wanted to come see her on the airplane and then preceded to tell me as though we were leaving right now.

We then have my dad (Grandpa) Who also lives just as far away, but in a different state so this makes it even tougher for my daughter to go see my family.

This I am sure is something alot of families go through.

If you are in this situation what do you do to make sure your kids keep in touch with Grandma or Grandpa?

No comments:

Post a Comment